Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pirates in the Kitchen

Today we had a special birthday dinner for Papa at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We got to bring the birthday cake....or....rather...birthday pie.  J loves pie. :) and I love to make pie....it's a win, win situation. :)  Did I ever tell you about the time when J and I were first dating and he ate an entire apple pie that I had made? in one sitting...the whole thing.  He really loves apple pie.  Good thing we have apple trees. :)

So when I ask him what kind of birthday cake he wants he almost always says...yeah, you guessed it...apple pie!  But this year I wanted to try something different, and when a friend gave me a recipe for French Silk Pie I knew it was just the thing!  I had never made one before because I thought it was complicated, but it was really pretty easy, especially with such great little helpers as I had in the kitchen with me today!
Happy (early) Birthday Papa!  We love you!
and also a big Happy Birthday to my mom!  She may or may not be turning a very "special" number today!  We love you Grandma J!  I will try to save you a piece of pie, but I can't make any promises.....





1 comment: