Thursday, December 2, 2010

This Week...

I am just about to go make up a batch of rusks, but before I put on my apron, I wanted to spend some time updating you all with our comings and goings.  :)

We are well.  This week has been full.  The boys and I decided to clean up the toy room.  Not a small feat. We have waaaay too many legos.  Seriously.  I don't mean to complain, because legos are great and the boys really spend lots of time building with them.  It's just....well....I'm not so good at enforcing the "put away when your finished with it" rule.  I want to be good at it.  But with four littles, I find I am often not capable of being there every time they "finish" to remind them of the rule...what, with not being omnipresent and all.  So the Legos end up...well just about everywhere....and then it's very hard to round them up again.   *sigh*  It seems an endless battle.  Yet, I do believe in teaching the mancubs to practice good stewardship so I keep on trying.  We spent the entire morning sorting and sorting and picking up and sorting some more....and the toy room is still rather messy.  But at least you can see the floor.  That counts for something doesn't it?

Also this week, we've been able to go a few places!  Due to the new minivan!  Whoo-hoo is it ever nice!  We Americans, well most of us anyway, really are so spoiled.  We don't even think twice about our vehicles.  We just hop in the car and go.  But it is a luxury.  And I am so thankful for our new van.  It's been so great to be able to go to the library!  And to homeschool co-op!  And to go shopping!  Little Owl, Hen and I spent the day shopping actually.  Just getting a few needed things, but spending lots of time looking.  They are both such good little shoppers....just happy to look and chat and look some more.  It was a fun day.

I have been super negligent about snapping photos.  I apologize.  I am definitely in a time of pondering lately.  I feel the need to read.  To rest.  To pray.  I am taking photos in my mind of the boys whenever I catch them "in a moment" and I pause to soak them in whenever I can.  But I'll try to be less selfish and stop my lingering and grab my camera for you!

I hope to share some photos of our Jesse Tree sometime soon...and of the boys too.  They keep growing!

sending you love,
reba

No comments:

Post a Comment