Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Quiet Thankfulness

We are busier these days than I'd like.  And our busy is probably not even close to your busy.  We are not very busy people.  On purpose.  But still, busier than usual...and mostly because our society is organized in such a weird way with business around holidays.  I know I am just me, so therefore I have no say whatsoever in how society runs....but I'm just sayin'....if it were up to me....I think around holidays I'd make big chunks of time where things were not scheduled.  Holiday shopping, holiday sending out of cards and even holiday programs would not exist.  No really.  We'd have programs at other times of the year when we had time for them.  But holidays would be set aside for having time to just be.  Anyway...as I am just me....and we have to live in this world for now....we are making do with being a little extra busy.  The kids are handling it better than me.  Because well....the busy of holidays is much easier when you are a kid and only have to tend to the having fun part of it all.  :)

Anyway...I'm still making time to pay attention to the things for which I am thankful.  It seems especially important just now, when there is "busy" pulling at me.

#18....the boy who patiently helps his littler brother get on the sled for the twentieth time...holding it just so....talking to him so he isn't afraid....

#19....showers.  I'm so thankful for being able to shower.  If you think about it, it is such a luxury.  We seem so rich.  We are so rich.

#20....Twinkly Christmas lights.  Ornaments on the tree from when I was a wee girl.  They tell the story of where I have been.....

#21....The boy singing Jingle Bells over and over again while he rocks on the wooden horse...."Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle, Jingle Bells"...

#22...Having a voice to sing with.  Having ears to hear.  Having a heart that is able to be touched.

#23...Grace.  His unending Grace.  Even when I screw up...again.  How He fills me up with His grace and gives me a fresh start.

#24...For the friend who asked me how I was today.  Her eyes speak love.  Her softness, His grace.


I'm going to try to keep going with The List until I reach 1,000 gifts!  If you'd like to know more about how I got started with the List read here.  If you'd like to share something you are thankful for leave a comment!  Thankfulness is contagious.  Spread the Joy!

1 comment:

  1. some how i managed to miss this one... and i love that b and i made it to the pages of the blog! i loved our conversations too! i look forward to many more years of them and hopefully more frequently! ah the fun of framing life with gratitude. like right now as i type to you your brother is working on music. so wonderful to here. i hope that some day you can come and experience it for your self. you have so many good ideas!

    ReplyDelete