Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Year of "I Will"

It's named.  2011.  The year of "I will".

I will do what I know needs to be done, in a timely fashion with a cheerful heart.

I will stop and listen.

I will be present in the now and learn to experience what is happening instead of living in the past or future.

I will be more patient.  More kind.  More quiet spirited.

*I* will be the one to clean up the mess, even though I didn't make it.  *I* will help out.  *I* will.

I will love that person that is hard to love, even when I'm tired or busy.

I will be diligent in choosing a healthy lifestyle even when I don't feel like it.

I will.

Because I'm loved.  Because I want to model this to my children.  Because I want to be this for my spouse, and parents, and friends.

It's not a resolution.  It's a changing of the heart.  And a choice.  And it's only by Grace.

much love to you for this new year, friends....
reba

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. this is encouraging for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your life and friendship are an encouragement to me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear L! How I miss you! My lemon tree is flowering!!!!! I know I haven't sent you a card to thank you but it's only because I'm making you something! I hope to send it out soon! Be on the lookout! <3
    -reba

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your post! it is a REVOLUTION in thinking, being and loving... one for all of us to participate it... and with that we can change the world! thanks for the inspiration and courage . xo

    ReplyDelete