Inspired by this post from this cool blog that I've stumbled upon I've decided to follow suit and give you an honest list. Oh, and the woman who wrote that blog has a new blog all about helping Mom's be more purposeful. It's great! Go ahead and check out her other blog too.
So...here's my list.....
1. I spend way too much time reading other people's blogs. And thinking about what I'm going to write on my blog.
2. Sometimes, when the dog is quiet in her kennel, I actually forget that we have a dog.
3. I secretly feel a strange satisfaction when vacuuming up a lego or other small toy. Like it's just a test of how strong my vacuum is or something....with little or no concern for the boy's feelings who owns the lego.
4. I sometimes fall asleep while praying.
5. I pray when I'm in the bathroom.
6. I have been using disposable diapers for three weeks now (for the baby!) and haven't changed back because I love how easy they are.
7. I need to lose 70lbs. Yeah, that's a big number.
8. I think about my looks too much.
9. I spend too much money on groceries and am really bad at following "the budget" in this one area.
10. I am really bad about putting the clean laundry away and I make excuses about why I can't get it done.
11. I am a little obsessed with the dirt that is in the cracks of the unfinished wood floors in our house. Sometimes I waste time by vacuuming all the little cracks meticulously, all the while the dirty dishes are waiting or the clean laundry waiting.
12. I have moments regularly where I'm only pretending to listen to my children. You know...one of them is talking to me and I'm saying all the right things but I'm not really listening....
13. I hate being late.
14. I get frustrated when my kids touch me too much. Too much hugging, nursing, hanging on, hand-holding makes me angry (or something).
15. I love to start projects, but am pretty bad at finishing them.
16. The whole time I am writing this I keep thinking about the cinnamon rolls in the kitchen and how there are enough that if I ate one no one would know.
17. I have a plant in my bathroom that I'm purposefully not watering because I "don't like it". I can't explain why I don't like it, but I would like to use the pot for something else.....
18. I really don't like being misunderstood, so I feel the need to overexplain things quite often.
19. Sometimes I get tired of explaining so even though someone has misunderstood me I just go along with it. Like that one guy who for the whole time in college thought my name was Rachel.
20. I am really bad at returning things to the library on time.
21. I always make a big joke about paying my fines at the library but really secretly, I'm disappointed with myself for not returning things on time.
22. I like being "right" far too much.
23. I like "knowing" far too much.
24. I am afraid of bees. And I'm afraid of my kids getting stung by bees. (that's so random, but what can i say? it's true!)
25. I sometimes like to watch things on TV that are not worthwhile, because I like to see the "pretty people" and see what they are wearing. (weird, right?)
Ok. That's my list. See. I'm a real person. Hopefully next year at this time some of those things will be not on my list anymore.
What about you....what's on your list?