Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bedroom Plans

Before pictures of the bedroom..... 

As you can see, there is absolutely nothing on the poor wall. (unless you count the random thumbtack that I only noticed because I took this picture. huh, where did that come from?)  So I would like to get something inspiring to hang on the wall.  I am thinking about maybe just painting something directly on the wall, but I'm still deciding.... and you probably don't notice this in the picture, but isn't the new ceiling just beautiful? ok, I'm kidding.  It's just a new ceiling, but to us it is just great!  That's the thing with owning a house, sometimes you have to spend money on things like ceilings, (or roofs or plumbing) and it doesn't make anyone more inspired but oh, well.  So because of the new ceiling and the need to put up trim, we are painting the walls afresh (the plan is a buttercream color?) and then putting up white trim around the ceiling edges and windows and doors.  And also, I'd like a place for my books. (see them on the floor next to my side of the bed?)
Here is the other side of the room.  Strange and messy.  Strange red wall (who decided to paint that wall red?) No door for the messy closet.  No door for the bedroom either. We took the doors off because of lead paint and because my friends child lost the tip of her finger to a door slamming incident.  Freaked me right out. Anyway, those are the big things we are going to try to change and also perhaps get a different pot for the plant other than that awful blue basket.  And what on earth is up with that picture frame next to the door?  I'm not sure what I was thinking when I hung that there.  Sometimes we have random acts of hanging things on random nails.  Do you ever do that? Come on, I know you do.  

Alright, we are off to the hardware store to pick up the paint.  Check back in soon for the After pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment