Monday, November 15, 2010

Frost

This weekend we celebrated my birthday. :) We had a very nice day at home together, which is my idea of a great time. When J asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said, "I just want you to be in the same room with me all day." And maybe that's strange, but for us, in this season of life that we are in....we find that we have to be purposeful in how we spend our time....and I wanted nothing more than to spend time with my favorite person in a purposeful way. We are together quite often, yes....but mostly just working or parenting or working....or parenting. You get the idea. It was nice to take some time to just be.

We went for a walk together as a family yesterday in the first snow of the year! And this morning we woke up to the most beautiful frost. Here's what I saw when I went out to take care of the hens this morning.
Such beauty all around us....makes it easier to be thankful in everything....

We are having the Thanksgiving Feast at our house this year. I'm looking for some new traditions to start with our family that help to cultivate thankfulness. Do you have any ideas for me? What do you do in your family for Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment