Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Conversations

This past weekend we released Lavendar Brown. It was time. Before Cricket let her go he was able to hold her. (we hadn't handled her much, because it seemed stressful for her) He picked her up and held her in both hands so very gently. Just like a pro. I was so impressed with how able he is. How full of concentration and confidence. It makes my heart swell just thinking of it now. When he set her down in the grass he watched her a bit and then turned to me and said, "Mom, that was exhilirating!" Awesome! Awesome to see him shine like that. :)

Then Little Owl started crying and crying. Weeping, in fact. It surprised me because he seemed okay with letting her go until of course it was too late. He said, "Mama, it is so sad to let a friend go." I know, honey. I held him close for awhile and although he was still upset Papa was able to get him interested in something else to divert his attention. He has talked about it a little bit since then, but also seems to understand that she needed to be free.

Then today, after Hen's nap. Hen was walking around playing and talking. He came over to me, pulled on my skirt as if to say, come down here! and then.....when I sat down, he snuggled in my lap and said, "Hi! How are you?!" I haven't giggled like that in a long time. Thank you Hen for caring about how I am. :)

There have been some other really great conversations lately. I can't recall them just now. I'm really glad though that the boys tell us things. They talk to us. It's just so good. I feel like it's a special reward for keeping our family's time and home open, free, and quiet. (all somehow wrapped up together) Knowing when to say no, when to say yes! and when to just take time to figure it out has helped us so much. And God is blessing us for it. Seek and you will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment