Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beloved Rain

We woke up this morning to this.....

Aah, beautiful rainy day. I love the rain. I love how it makes colors more vibrant. I love the sound of it splish, splish, splashing on the ground. I love how it gives one permission to not work in the garden, but instead spend some time with a good book. :) This morning I sent the oldest two boys outside to open up the chicken coop in the rain. (The birds love the rain too, because it means bugs. ) The boys are used to helping with the chicken chores, so I was concerned when a good ten minutes passed and they hadn't come back inside. I checked out the window and this is what I saw.
Look at that face! It's like he's saying, "I couldn't help it mom, the puddles were calling me!" I found the other boy in a puddle too. Ha. I couldn't blame them. I would've been out there too if I were free to be outside just then. (baby was napping all snug in his bed)

The pleasant rain of the day made room for some crazy storms this evening, which I admit I am not a fan of. Seriously. It seems the corn and hollyhocks have been knocked down from wind or hail. I hope they come back with a little sunshine and time. That's all for today.
love,
r

No comments:

Post a Comment