Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday

Hurray for Saturday!  Hurrah for Saturdays that don't involve sickness or carbon monoxide!  Hurray for sleeping in because it's Saturday, not because you are too ill to get out of bed!
Oh, and yeah, don't be fooled.  The littlest man didn't sleep in.  No way.  He was up at the crack, but I didn't mind too much.  He's on the way to health and I'm so glad.  He is still feeling tired and needy in the afternoons, we all are really, but it just is so good to be mending and all home together.  I love having Saturdays with my J home.  
We went out for breakfast today, and went shopping.  We came home and played.
I got outside for a brief walk by myself.  The sun was out today, but it was cold.  Only in the twenties I believe.  Brr.
morning glories still clinging to the fence
my beloved hydrangea bush...so pretty even in the winter...
And look!  Today my basil finally sprouted!  It took forever!  I think it was stalled because of the doors and windows being opened for so long last weekend.  I think any dip in temperature like that can make the seeds rethink things. :)  

Today we had a friend from church stop by.  He is one of our volunteer firemen here in town, and he was here helping us last weekend.  I hadn't even realized he was here while it was happening, because there was so much going on, but I was glad to hear that he was the one who took Millie out of the house and who interacted with my father-in-law.  He is such a nice man.  Today he brought fire helmuts and coloring books over to the boys.  They were delighted! Although maybe not delighted with me when I asked for a picture.  Awwww mom! said the eldest boy.  
I guess he is perhaps getting a little big for such things.  Crazy how fast it goes.  That's the thing with parenting...you're always moving at the speed of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment