Monday, March 28, 2011

Crochet Handbag

 I whipped this up last week one night.  I had no intention of making a handbag.  In fact, I thought I was crocheting some washcloths to give to a friend.  I love how this cotton yarn is to work with, and became charmed with the color.  It seemed too pretty to make into a washcloth, so J suggested I make a bag.  I'm glad he did!
 I crocheted a few flowers to add to it and I like how old fashioned they look.
Now all I have to do is figure out a closure for it.  I thought about a button, but it seemed too clumsy for the design.  I'd like to make a loop and "knob" (you know like a fancy bump that goes through the loop and holds it in place) out of yarn, but I don't know how yet!  Any of you crafty ones reading this have a suggestion for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment