Monday, September 6, 2010

September!

Ah, sweet, sweet autumnal air. How I've missed you and how very glad I am that you have once again returned. I love September. So very much. (October and November too.) Autumn is definitely my favorite season and J's too. It's so crisp and feels like Change is in the air, you know?

Anyway, I apologize for not blogging more, but not only does Fall call me outdoors to linger and play....it also is harvest time! So we've been very busy digging potatoes and picking pears and grapes. I made the first batch of grape juice just today and finished putting up the rest of the tomatoes for the year. It's going to be a busy few weeks as we also get started with the cider making. The apples are not so good this year, but we hope to be able to still use them for cider.

Fall also means eggs! The hens are just old enough to start laying and I'm soooo glad! Cricket found the first egg and he was so proud. It must have been an Auracana egg, because of the color....a lovely grey-green.
We've also been growing and harvesting food for the chickens. (Badger's idea) I think sunflower seeds are so lovely when they grew. They are all lined up just perfectly and to me it shows the wonderful design of our Creator.
Fall also inspires me to knit. I finished a hat that I was making for myself, but as usual it looks much better on J. Ha ha.
The man just looks good in anything. *sigh* Maybe it's his smile.

Anyway...I'm off to start bedtimes with the little crew. Then I've got a date with that scruffily dog of ours. Fall also means burs. Ugh. Anyone wanna give the girl a haircut?

No comments:

Post a Comment