Friday, April 8, 2011

Finding Words

The week has happened, and I have not written.  It was a week of mulling it over I suppose.  A week of practicing being present in the moment.  A week of writing down what I'm thankful for so that my perspective stays as it should, focused on the Giver of good things.

It has also been incredibly busy.  Or...maybe....it feels busier when I am needing time with my J, and life and work are happening and the connecting is done in such small moments that it feels all too quick.  The look and smile we share over breakfast when Hen says something funny.  The brushing past each other while one does the dishes and the other grabs a cup of coffee.  The settling in on the couch way too late hoping we will spend time together but both of us falling asleep almost as soon as we sit down.  The quick smile and kiss in the morning before we both stumble out of bed to put the little one on the potty and to let the dog out.  It all goes so fast.

But still, my soul feels more at peace these days.  I feel contented.  Life is so good.  God is so good.  I recently read a quote, and I'm sorry that I can't remember it word for word...but it was something like...true joy is found only when the soul truly believes that God is good....and I wonder if that isn't true.

Tomorrow, we shall have a weekend! (hopefully!) and then perhaps I'll fill you in with pictures from our week and tell you of our latest adventures.  Signing off for now, with love......
--reba
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment