Thursday, February 7, 2013

Winter Days

It's snowing again as I sit to write.  A blustery icy kind of snow that makes me want to curl up with a good book and something warm to drink.  Yet I am in this creative whirl just now and I must write while I can!  The little girl is sleeping...finally....and this is my chance.
 She is all adorableness.  Even when she is upset, she somehow manages to still be the most adorable thing ever.  And she has had her share of upset this week.  She has a nasty cold, complete with rocket snot and an icky cough.  And at the same time is getting her top two teeth.  She's had some pretty miserable days (and nights) and there has been much rocking, and nursing, and playing peek-a-boo, and willing brothers who take a turn to try to entertain her long enough to keep her happy. 
 Boy #4 said this morning, "Hello babygirl!  You are my best friend." 
 Yesterday we had an awesome day of learning.  All kinds of good things which I didn't get pictures of....like boy #2 reading up a storm, the little boys reading to one another, and so much more.  We also baked a cake!  Because the strawberries demanded to be in a cake with organic whipped cream.  That's why!
 There was much discussing about how to decorate it.
 It was delicious boys!  Thank you ever so much!  They did most of it by themselves.  I only helped them put it in and out of the oven.
Oh, and in case you were wondering where boy #3 was in those pictures.  Here he is!  Supervising, I think.

1 comment: