Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Hot!

Today was the second day of temperatures in the high 90's here.  For us that's hot.  Well, for anyone that's hot!  It's been a long two days, but only one more to go according to the forecast!  Today to beat the heat we went out for lunch and lingered over cold drinks.  We went to the library and actually hung out there. (yes, I am a "get in, get what you need, get out" kind of person with four kids at the library most days)  We had shut the house up early, early today to keep the "cooler" air in, but by 2:00 it was 85 in here.  We were droopy.

Then, J came home a bit early and walked in the door saying, "Come on, we're going out for pizza!"  Whoo hooo!  So we headed out again and found refuge in a glass of rootbeer and the cold local pub that has awesome homemade pizza.  Then off to the lake for a quick dip and home to baths and bedtime.

I just wandered in from watering the garden.  It is amazing how we survive these kinds of days just fine.  I know many people in the world are always hot and hungry and more.  But we are not so used to it, since it's only springtime here and the spring has been cool and wet.

Also, just wanted to say, that I'm sorry I haven't written more, but I just don't have it in me right now.  I don't do things half heartedly most of the time, and the blog just hasn't seemed worth my time right now.  I love to write.  I love that some of you check in with us through my writing and photos.  I love that it is a record of our days.  Words to remember for us.  Yet, it is an investment from this end, and I have to admit that there is only so much of me.  I think I may be in a season of feeling like I need to invest more in the moment.  More "right here" in this small sphere that's been given to me.  And honestly that is more than enough for me! :)

So we'll see.  We'll see what happens with the writing.  Know that I've been making rugs and crocheting flower barrettes like crazy.  I just haven't posted them on here for awhile.  Maybe someday, I'll give you a peek.

1 comment:

  1. you're doing just fine! i've noticed that blog world seems to get a little quiet during the summer months; everyone's outside, as it should be! we love to see what you're up to, whenever it is that you have the time to write...

    ReplyDelete