Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Figuring It Out

Wow, what a week it's been.  A storm blew through after all the heat we had and we spent the following day cutting wood.  We lost two huge tree limbs, and one of the trees might not make it as a result.  Yet, we felt spared.  We have so much to be thankful for and considering how scary the storm seemed we are glad no one was hurt.  The rest of the week was filled with more planting, weeding and watering, in the garden and in our hearts.  Life is such an adventure.  I never want my boys to stop learning, to stop trying, to stop loving.  So I won't stop either!

We headed up to my parent's place for a quick visit on Sunday and now are home for a new week.  Today is the first day of baseball.  J bought himself a new glove.  I love watching the boys play catch with their papa.  I love watching J play with our kids.

The strawberries are ripening.  We picked our first bowl this morning for breakfast.

Yesterday I balanced the checkbook.  I feel like I deserve a cookie for this.  Seriously.  But that would defeat the purpose of my recent working out.  The kids and I walked three miles yesterday.  I pushed the double stroller the whole way with the littlest two in it!  And today I walked again with a friend of mine, who has blessed me with a willingness to get out there with me in the wee hours of the morning.  I think I rolled out of bed at 4:40 this morning.  I told the boys we'd definitely need to rest before baseball tonight, and I'm hoping I make it until then.  (don't sit down, don't sit down....)

And, well, that's all really.  There are plans of course.  I'm hoping to do a baking day soon followed by a cooking day.  I'd like to get some things in the freezer for later use.  I plan on enjoying this summer in whatever way we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment