Monday, March 4, 2013

My Little Kitchen Helper

 I just might have the best kitchen help ever. 
 Which is a good thing because feeding this crew of seven is hard work even on the good days. 

 But I know if I stick with it (that is...the whole food thing on a budget) that I will be rewarded. 
 It is so worth the work!


Menu for the week.....

S    Whole wheat waffles with berries
      Pasta with marinara, salad, and bread with fresh garlic and olive oil
      Roast beef, potatoes, and carrots

M  Whole wheat waffles with berries
      PB & J, whole wheat pretzels, apples
      Leftover roast, potatoes, and fresh red peppers, homemade biscuits

T   Eggs and toast 
     Hummus and pita, cukes and tomatoes with olive oil and garlic
     Chicken soup from scratch with wild rice, celery, and carrots

W  Oatmeal with almonds and raisins
     Leftover soup and salad
     Out for dinner 

Th  Cereal (not a usual thing, but the kids begged for Cinnamon Harvest and I caved)
      Eggs and english muffins with onions, mushrooms and cheese
     Homemade burgers and fries (grass fed beef!) and salad

F  Whole wheat pancakes with pure maple syrup
    Pigs in a blanket (from scratch with organic chicken sausage and whole wheat biscuit dough) 
    Chicken drummies, roasted cauliflower, onions, and taters

S  Oatmeal with raisins and nuts
    Leftovers
    I have no idea...whatever I can find from what is left....good luck!


  




No comments:

Post a Comment